Saturday, February 1, 2014

Covergirl Bombshell Review






The Covergirl Bombshell Volume Mascara claims to give 10x more noticeable lashes compared to bare lashes. This mascara is a two step process. The first side is for volume and the second side is for intensity. This isn't the first two sided mascara to hit the drugstores. Maybelline came out with the Big Eyes Mascara last summer. I do like this mascara more than the Maybelline one but is it on its way to becoming my favorite mascara?.Keep on reading if you want to find out if I think this product is worth it or not.

When I put the two mascaras side by side there was a noticeable size difference. The Covergirl Bombshell has very, very bulky packaging. It definitely isn't something I would find myself packing for a trip. This mascara is extremely hard to take off. It seems like that would be a good thing, but in this case its not. I have to rub and rub my eyes and it still seems like I'm not getting it off. . The eye area is very delicate and you don't want to have to rub your eyes until their red to get mascara off. The last negative thing is that the wand on side 1 is a little to big for me to use on my lower lashes. However, it works wonders on my top lashes.

This leads me to all the great things I have to say about the Bombshell Mascara. It really does give my lashes a lot of volume.
That is exactly what I look for in a mascara. I could care less if it lengthens as long as it gives me a ton of volume, I'm happy. I don't think that it makes my lashes look spidery or clumpy. It is definitely not cute to have clumpy lashes. The longest I have worn this mascara is around 10 hours. It didn't smudge or look any different than when I applied it that morning.

I love that the Bombshell Mascara gives me volume. However, in this particular case the cons outweigh the pros. I don't see myself repurchasing this product in the future. If you can overlook the size and  how hard it is to take off then its amazing. For me, I will stick to my Maybelline The Rocket Mascara which I think works just as well as the Covergirl Bombshell.

No comments:

Post a Comment