Monday, January 27, 2014

What I Got In My Ipsy Bag! January 2014


Today I'm going to be showing you what I got in my January ipsy bag. Ipsy is one of the many subscription boxes (bags) that are available right now. Each subscription service has a focal point. Ipsy focuses on makeup, hair, and skincare. It costs $10 a month or you can pay for an entire year and it will be $120. Each month you will get a makeup bag filled with 4 or 5 products. They are usually deluxe size samples, but I have received quite a few full size products. If you would like to see what I got in my ipsy bag keep reading!

This months bag seems to be focused on skincare. Which makes sense since it is winter and the cold air can dry out the skin. The first thing in my bag was the epice purifying exfoliator. Since it is an exfoliator, I will not be using it in my daily skincare routine. It is recommended to exfoliate once or twice a week. I only exfoliate once a week since I do have a lot of dry patches. The next product I got was the Yaby foundation in Buff. I am very pale so when I saw that the shade I got was buff I was kind of worried. However, it does seem to be a pretty good match for me.

It wouldn't be an ipsy bag if there wasn't some kind of lip product included. I got the Mica Cosmetics tinted lip balm in the shade #5 Natural. It is a pinky nude color that is almost the same shade as my
Tinted Lip Balm in Natural
lips. I think that the best nude shades are a little different from your actual lip color. The Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair deep conditioning mask was another product I got in my bag, It is formulated with avocado, sweet almond & argan oils, and rosehip oil. I have used this once and it does seem to make my hair shiny. Who knows, maybe I have found my new favorite deep condition mask? I also received a fifth product that I did not include in the photo because I already gave it away. It was four of the Proactiv+ Mark Fading Pads. I knew that I would not use them so I did not see any reason to keep them.

Overall, I really liked this bag and will use most of the products that I received. If you subscribe to ipsy feel free to leave a comment telling me what you got this month. If you do not subscribe to ipsy you can use my referral code http://www.ipsy.com/r/4x53 or you can go to www.ipsy.com and sign up to receive an ipsy bag every month.

Check back Friday for my review of the Covergirl Bombshell Mascara!

No comments:

Post a Comment