Monday, February 24, 2014

My Everyday Makeup Routine

Everyday Makeup

For today's post I am showing you my everyday makeup routine. I have combination skin so my forehead gets insanely oily and my nose and cheeks are extremely dry. If your skin type is similar to mine, maybe you would like to try out this simple, everyday look.

First I start out with primer. I have been trying out the Revlon PhotoReady Primer. It helps to minimize the appearance if my pores which is fantastic. The primer also helps to keep my oiliness at bay and my makeup last a while longer. 
Next I use my favorite foundation of all time Makeup Forever Mat Velvet +. I am in the shade No 25 Warm Ivory. This foundation is medium to full coverage and doesn't cake.  If you have dry patches like me make sure to moisturize beforehand which you should always do even if you have oily skin. 
After foundation, I apply concealer. I use the Maybelline Fit Me concealer in the shade 15. I have really bad dark circles and this helps to cover them up and make me look more awake. I always make sure to apply concealer in a triangle under my eyes. After this I know my foundation has settled in so I apply the Coty Airspun Face Loose Powder to set it. There is no particular blush I use on an everyday basis, but the one I use a lot is the Nyx blush in Rose Garden.
Next up is my eyes Just like my forehead, my eyelids are oily. This causes my eyeshadows to crease throughout the day unless I use a eyeshadow primer. I like to use my e.l.f. eyeshadow primer. Once I have applied that, I use my Naked  Basics palette. I go for a very simple, neutral eye look. I use Walk of Shame all over my lids and then use Naked 2 to define my crease. For mascara I use the Maybelline Rocket on my top lashes to give my them a lot of volume. For my bottom lashes I use the small brush from the  Maybelline Big Eyes mascara. 
The harsh winter air has done nothing to help my lips so I have been applying coconut oil on them. This helps to moisturize them and get them ready for lipstick and gloss. The lipstick I have been using nonstop is the e.l.f. Essential Lipstick in Seductive. The lipgloss I have been pairing with this is the Maybelline Color Elixir in Blush Essence.
Everyday Makeup
There you have it. My everyday makeup routine. I hope you enjoyed reading this and check back Wednesday for another exciting post!

Disclaimer
While writing this post I have realized how many Maybelline products I use. I promise this is in no way sponsored. I purchased all of this with my own money. 


No comments:

Post a Comment