Wednesday, February 19, 2014

ELF Haul/Review




A few weeks ago ELF cosmetics had 50% off of their bestsellers and new arrivals. ELF products are already so inexpensive and they have really nice products. Needless to say, I took advantage of the sale and bought a few (okay a lot) of things. In this blog I will have plenty of swatches and will be giving a mini review on each of the products. I apologize in advance for this being such a long post.

In the Nude
Essential Jumbo Lip Gloss Stick in the color In the Nude I bought one of these on a whim a while ago and fell in love with it. I decided to invest in another and got this nice nude shade. These Jumbo Lip Gloss Sticks are so moisturizing and are nice if you just want a hint of color.
Essential 14-Piece Nail Cube - Limited Edition in Party I have been eyeing this for quite some time. It has a variety of colors and finishes. There are a few metallic, some glitter, and the majority of the polishes were matte. They are actually very nice and I only have to use one coat for some of the shades.
Essential Waterproof Eyeliner Pen
I actually really like this eyeliner. It is pretty black and since it is a pen I have more control over it. It is not waterproof by any means. I ran my hand through water and it came off after I barely scrubbed it. It is only a few dollars so it is a good alternative to have if you do not want to spend a lot of money on eyeliner.
Seductive
Essential Lipstick in Seductive I am in looooove with this lipstick. I have been wearing it almost everyday for the past week. It doesn't dry out my already chapped lips and it stays on for a while. What more could you ask for in a lipstick?



Studio Eyebrow Kit in Medium This is the perfect eyebrow kit. It has the wax, which you put on first. Then it also comes with powder to set the wax. I probably should have got dark but I can make medium work. I really like this kit and I will definitely be repurchasing it.
Nearly Nude
Studio Matte Lip Color in Nearly Nude
I should've thought more before I bought a matte nude lipstick. It really washes me out, but that's probably because I am so pale. I do like using it as a lip liner and then putting on whatever lipstick I am wearing that day.



Wink Pink
Studio Moisturizing Lipstick in Wink Pink This lipstick does what it says. It is very moisturizing and doesn't feather. It only lasts for a few hours, but I can overlook that little detail since it is so moisturizing. 
Headliner
Studio HD Blush in Headliner
This is a cream blush that comes with a pump. The pump makes it a little difficult to control how much product comes out. With this blush a little goes a long way so unless you are really careful you will be wasting lot of product. I was not expecting this blush to be so pigmented so the first time I applied it I ended up looking like a clown. If you buy this be careful with how much you apply and don't make the same mistake I did.



Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder in St Lucia
I have heard that this blush/bronzer duo is a dupe for one of Nars' blushes. I don't own any of the Nars blushes so I cant say for sure. I have been wearing this blush for the past two weeks and its safe to say that I love it. It its a nice coral shade that has some shimmer to it. When applied on the cheeks it gives a very nice glow. I haven't tried the bronzer yet, but if its anything like the blush then it will be great.
Kabuki Brush
Studio Brush Shampoo There's really not much to say about this except it gets my brushes clean and it doesn't have a scent.
Studio Kabuki Face Brush This is the softest brush I have ever used. Even though it was only a few dollars I can tell that it is very well made. I know it will last me a while.  
Essential Beauty Book Eye Sets There are six eyeshadow shades in this "book". They are grouped into two looks, a day look and a night look. The shadows are pretty pigmented, but they have a little fallout. This set also came with an eyeshadow primer. I already own this primer so I knew that I liked it. There was also an eyeliner included. The eyeliner was hard and when I tried to apply it on my eye I found myself having to press really hard to get it to show up. I will not be using the eyeliner again but overall I like the Beauty Book.
Studio Stipple Brush Travel Set This brush set comes with four brushes. There is a stipple brush, small stipple brush, tapered brush, and an eyeshadow brush I like using the stipple brush to apply my foundation and it doesn't seem to soak up a lot of product. I use the small stipple brush for concealer and occasionally cream blush. It blends out the product very well and helps conceal my under eyes. I only use the tapered brush around the nose area. It helps to conceal the redness and gets those small places. The eyeshadow brush is the only brush I do not like in this set. It would pick up the eyeshadow but it would barely transfer any of the shadow to my lid.
Studio Makeup Lock & Seal This is suppose to lock your eye makeup in place and make everything look more vibrant. It does exactly this. My eyeshadow doesn't crease throughout the day and I can tell a big difference when I use this.

As you can tell, ELF products are kind of a hit and miss. That's the way it is for most brands though. I still love elf and love that they offer inexpensive beauty products. I will definitely be repurchasing some of the products over once I finish them. I hope you liked this haul/review and check back Wednesday for an exciting new post! 


No comments:

Post a Comment