Friday, March 7, 2014

How to use Coconut Oil

Coconut oil isn't just for cooking. It has many benefits for your skin and hair. I have recently started using coconut oil and I can't believe I didn't start using it sooner. 


Coconut oil is good to remove your makeup. I like to use it to remove my makeup when I'm only wearing concealer under my eyes and powder. I haven't tested it out on waterproof mascara so I'm not sure how well it would work. If you have tried it on waterproof items, did it work well for you?

Coconut oil is also good to moisturize your skin. After I go through my skin cre routine I apply this to the dry areas on my face. I always make sure to wash it off because it tends to clog pores. 

Coconut oil helps to prevent wrinkles. I like to use it as an eye cream. It makes my under eye area feel so moisturized and great! I don't think I have been using it long enough to be able tell a difference. I will post an update in a month or so letting you all know if it has. 

I have very dry, chapped lips and I have never found a Chapstick that has completely healed my lips. If I could only use coconut oil for one thing it would be for my lips. I have noticed a huge difference in them. They aren't as dry and they seem to be healing up. 

I use coconut oil two different ways on my hair. Once a month, I rub coconut oil all over my hair. The I put a shower cap on it and leave it for two hours. After two hours I rinse it out and continue with my normal shampoo and conditioner. The second way to use coconut oil for hair is to smooth down fly aways. Make sure not to use too much because it can make your hair very oily. 

I I hope you enjoyed this post and check back Wednesday for a new post!


No comments:

Post a Comment