Wednesday, March 5, 2014

February Favorites (Books, Songs, Food, etc.)

As I said in my other Favorites post I will be doing two monthly favorites blog posts from now on. One will be my beauty related favorites and the other will be random, non-beauty related things. This post is all about my non-beauty related favorites for the month of February. 

My song favorite of the month is John Legends All of Me. It is such a good song. I have had it on repeat for the past few weeks. If you have not heard this song you should go buy it in iTunes because it is AMAZING!

The tv show that I have been loving this month is the new CW show Star-crossed. It just premiered this month and is about these people (aliens?) called Atrians who came to Earth 10 years ago and have since been isolated in a sector. Ten years later, seven of the Atrian teens have been chosen to participate in a program that allows them to go to a high school with humans. It may sound a little weird but I promise once you start watching it you won't be able to stop!


My movie favorite of the month is Pompeii. I absolutely loved this movie. I went in to the theater thinking this movie was going to be okay, but not something I would love. I was completely wrong! I was on the edge of my seat the majority of the time. It was definitely action packed, but there was also some romance mixed in. I do not want to spoil it for anyone so that is all I am going to say about that. 

My food favorite of the month is a simple recipe I have heard a lot of people talk about. It is the brownie in a cup. I didn't have very high expectations for this, but it proved to be very good! The recipe I used was from http://www.food.com/recipe/microwave-chocolate-mug-brownie-349246. This is a simple way to make a brownies if you are in a hurry and do not have a lot of time. 

The blogger I have been loving this month is Nouveau Cheap. She is always on top of all the newest things. Every time I read one of her posts I feel the need to go to my local drugstore and buy more beauty items, knowing I don't need anything else! You should definitely check  out her blog if you haven't.

I have only read one new book this month. I have been in such a reading slump lately. The book I read was Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi. It is the third and final book in the Shatter Me series and it was by far my favorite. I recommend reading the first two just so you can read Ignite Me. I finished it in a day. I could not put the book down. I don't want to spoil it for anyone so all I am going to say is that it was fantastic!

I hoped you enjoyed this post and if you  haven't checked out my February Beauty Favorites what are you waiting for? I will link the url to that post down below. Have you watched/tried any of the things I mentioned? If so tell me in the comments what you thought about them. I love hearing other people's opinions! 

No comments:

Post a Comment